P. Delanna Padilla practices in the areas of corporate law, legal malpractice, mergers and acquisitions, real estate, taxation, health law, and labor and employment. Her tax practice includes work in the areas of LLC and partnership taxes, corporate taxation, personal taxation (including federal, state, and local tax), municipal tax exempt financing, exempt organizations. Padilla’s healthcare practice includes acquisitions of healthcare entities, hospital financings, and HIPAA issues. Her labor and employment practice focuses on developing personnel policies, employment agreements, covenants not to compete, and the defense of employers in federal and state actions.
Padilla’s more recent experience includes:
- Defense of attorney tax practitioners in legal malpractice actions.
- Co-counsel to a large health insurance organization in the state in a corporate reorganization to form a multi-subsidiary holding company.
- Co-counsel defending a national health products company in an employment discrimination matter.
- Co-counsel to a real estate developer to prepare and complete a private offering of a $23 million commercial real estate development.
Professional Activity and Recognition
In 2010, 2011, and 2012, Padilla was named a Rising Star by Mid-South Super Lawyers. She was a graduate of Class III of the Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce Leadership Institute. She is also received a BV® Distinguished™ Peer Review Rating through Lexis Nexis Martindale Hubbell, www.martindale.com/ratings. She is also a member of the following professional associations: American Bar Association, Arkansas Bar Association, Washington and Benton County Bar Associations, Defense Research Institute, National Association of Bond Lawyers, Arkansas Association of Women Lawyers; Judge Henry Woods American Inns of Court (Barrister).
Padilla is a member of the following professional associations:
- American Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Washington and Benton County Bar Associations
- Defense Research Institute
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Arkansas Association of Women Lawyers
- Judge Henry Woods American Inns of Court (Barrister)
Articles and Publications
“10 Estate Planning Questions Answered,” AY Magazine (Jan. 2013).
Padilla has recently served the following civic organizations:
- Ballet Arkansas (Board President, 2004-2006, 2009-2010; Board Member, 2002-2012)
- St. Vincent Women's Health Advisory Board (2003-2012)
- Women’s Foundation of Arkansas Board of Directors (Board Member and Secretary 2014)
- Women's Foundation of Arkansas NWA Advisory Committee (2012-present)
- Junior League of Little Rock (2004-2009)
- Wellesley Club of Arkansas (2001-present; President, 2006-2010)