John William (“Bill”) Spivey III has practiced with the firm for over 30 years in a number of areas, including commercial real estate, zoning and land use, municipal and corporate finance, municipal government, banking and finance, and acquisitions. He currently serves as Team Leader for the firm’s Business Team and formerly served the firm as Financial Partner.
Spivey’s recent experience includes:
- Counsel to major real estate development firm in connection with its land use and zoning proposals before local planning commissions and city governments.
- Counsel to largest library system in the State in connection with acquisition, development and financing of multiple location library system throughout Pulaski and Perry Counties.
- Counsel to regional corporation in acquisitions in a three state area.
- Counsel to a number of county and municipal governments on a variety of municipal law issues.
- Counsel to several Arkansas banking associations and holding companies in connection with lending, corporate governance and regulatory issues.
- Counsel to non-Arkansas based clients in connection with acquisition of multiple multifamily, commercial and office properties within the State.
Professional Activity and Recognition
Spivey is a member of:
- American Bar Association, and its Local Government and Business Law sections
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Pulaski County Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
Spivey has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America (1995-2010), Chambers USA America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2003-2012), Mid-South Super Lawyers (2006-2012), and “Little Rock Best Lawyers Real Estate Lawyer of the Year” (2009). He has received an AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rating through LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, www.martindale.com/ratings.
Spivey has also been active in a number of community organizations and foundations, including Camp Aldersgate and the Camp Aldersgate Foundation, as well as the City Parks Conservancy for which he serves as Treasurer.