Patrick Wilson’s practice is centered around construction, banking, contract matters, and other commercial disputes, and he also assists clients in the defense of auto liability, general negligence, real estate, and other litigated disputes. Through his construction practice, Wilson assists owners, general contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers, material suppliers, and homeowners with lien issues, contract disputes, alleged negligence in the construction of buildings and homes, securing payment on projects, and other related issues.
Wilson regularly assists large and small material suppliers and professionals with filing and foreclosing on materialmen’s liens and represents owners of construction projects and contractors in attempting to defeat lien claims. With the firm’s office in Rogers and Wilson’s trips to Northwest Arkansas, he is well positioned to quickly assist clients in that area’s construction industry, as well as all other areas of Arkansas. Wilson has received a BV® Distinguished™ Peer Review Rating through Martindale-Hubbell, www.martindale.com/rating.
Wilson’s recent experience includes:
- Trial counsel for a doctor in a breach of lease case.
- Defense of an engineering company in a case involving property in a floodplain.
- Recurring work for material suppliers in filing and foreclosing materialmen’s lien claims.
- Trial counsel for a real estate firm in successful defense of materialmen’s lien claim.
A graduate of the International Association of Defense Counsel’s 2006 Trial Academy, Wilson is a member of the Arkansas chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors and the American Bar Association’s Forum on the Construction Industry. He is also a member of the American Bar Association, the Arkansas Bar Association, the Pulaski County Bar Association, the Defense Research Institute, and the Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel. He previously served in the Arkansas Bar Association’s House of Delegates and as Chair of the Association’s Young Lawyers Section.
Wilson frequently speaks at continuing education seminars on construction liens and other construction-related topics.
A Jacksonville native, Wilson graduated from Hendrix College in 1996, cum laude and with distinction. He obtained his law degree from the University of Arkansas School of Law in 1998, magna cum laude. He was the Editor-in-Chief of the Arkansas Law Review.
Civic and Community Activities
- Fundraiser, American Heart Association Heart Walk (1999-present)
- Volunteer, Young Lawyers Section-Law Day (2002-2009)
- Member, Leadership Greater Little Rock Class XX (2004-2005)
- President, Arkansas Law Review, Inc. (2006-present)
- President, Catholic High School Foundation Board of Trustees (2009-2010)